Taking a trip without travel insurance is a gamble. So many things can happen between the time you book and the time you depart, as well as while you're travelling. Here are the top 8 reasons why people purchase travel insurance.
1. Life happens! Some trips need to be cancelled. With travel insurance, you don’t necessarily have to pay for a trip you are unable to take.
2. Lost or stolen luggage. It happens all too often. What do you do if you're in destination and you have no clothes or sundries for several days? Travel insurance can provide coverage to replace needed items if your bags are delayed, damaged or stolen.
3. Insufficient coverage. Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage for your trip. Most clients know their credit card has travel protection but most don't know what components are covered or the coverage amounts. Most of the time it's not nearly as extensive as a separate travel insurance plan.
4. Illness. Nothing can ruin a vacation like getting sick. Travel insurance can provide you with peace of mind – especially when travel outside the United States, where many hospitals request cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
5. Health insurance. Your health insurance may not go the distance. Many U.S. health insurance policies (including Medicare and Medicaid) don’t cover international travel. And, those that do will likely not cover the cost of medical evacuation back to the U.S. which can cost more than $50,000.
6. Tour operator default. Even the most stable of travel suppliers can default quickly.
If a cruise line, airline or tour operator ceases operations due to financial hardship or bankruptcy, travel insurance can save you from paying for a trip you’ll never get to take.
7. Flight delays. Flight delays can add up. It’s not the airline’s responsibility to cover the expenses you accrue when your flight is delayed or you miss a connection. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs associated with these, including rebooking fees, meals and accommodations.
8. Loss of employment. We all experience tough economic times. The loss of a job or other income might mean a trip planned in advance may have to wait. Travel insurance can put cash back into your pocket when you when they need it most.
Protect your investment by purchasing a travel insurance plan that fits your needs. I'm happy to assist you with this so you can travel stress free.
Source: Allianz Travel
This Punta Cana paradise is a destination-must for any couples or families looking for the picture-perfect tropical getaway. Although the resort has 730 pristine and spacious rooms, you’d never know it; even when the resort is at capacity, there’s plenty of room for quietude and personal enjoyment whether you’re in one of the eight restaurants, ten bars, three pools, the Genesis Casino, or lounging on Bavaro Beach (one of TripAdvisor’s top 25 beaches worldwide) protected by an off-shore reef. But for those times when you want to let your inner socialite shine, there’s plenty of day-and-night entertainment going around to be shared with your friends and neighbors whom you meet during your stay. And among all the timeless festivities, the Royalton Plaza hosts their signature All-White party where guests adorn in only white attire to drink, laugh, and dance the night away with the live entertainment