Taking a trip without travel insurance is a gamble. So many things can happen between the time you book and the time you depart, as well as while you're travelling. Here are the top 8 reasons why people purchase travel insurance.
1. Life happens! Trip cancellation insurance can help reimburse you in the event you have to cancel your trip,
2. Lost or stolen luggage. It happens all too often. What do you do if you're in destination and you have no clothes or sundries for several days? Travel insurance can provide coverage to replace needed items if your bags are delayed, stolen or damaged.
3. Insufficient coverage. Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage for your trip. Most clients know their credit card has travel protection but most don't know what components are covered or the coverage amounts. Most of the time it's not nearly as extensive as a separate travel insurance plan.
4. Illness. Don't let illness or an injury ruin your vacation. Many hospitals in foreign countries require a cash payment of thousands of dollars before they'll treat you. With the right travel insurance plan, you'll be covered.
5. Health insurance. Most likely, your U.S.-based medical insurance will not work while you’re traveling internationally, and Medicare does not provide any coverage once you leave the United States outside of a few very specific exemptions.
6. Tour operator default. No one wants to pay for a trip they'll never take. If an airline, hotel, cruise line or tour operator ceases operations due to bankruptcy or financial hardship, travel insurance will cover you.
7. Flight delays. Flight delays can add up. It’s not the airline’s responsibility to cover your expenses when your flight is delayed or you miss a connection. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs associated with these, including meals, car rentals, rebooking fees, and accommodations.
8. Loss of employment. Tough economic times can happen to anyone at any time. The loss of a job may cause you to delay your trip. Travel insurance can put cash back into your pocket when you when they need it most.
Protect your investment by purchasing a travel insurance plan that fits your needs. I'm happy to assist you with this so you can travel stress free.
Source: Allianz Travel